In association with,
Diabeto is a hardware device that wirelessly transmits the Glucometer readings from a Glucometer into a smartphone. These readings can then be easily analyzed with the help of an iOS application.
University College London and Diabeto are currently recruiting persons living with Type 1 Diabetes in UK for a study being conducted over 4 weeks to explore people’s use of Diabeto device within their current self management routine.
We are looking for participants that,
- use Glucometers which are supported by Diabeto device*
- live in UK
- Are over 18 years
- use an iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S with iOS 7 operating system
- were diagnosed more than 1 year ago with Type 1 Diabetes and
- are responsible for their maintenance of Diabetes.
Requirements and Process
1. A preliminary interview will take wherein the selected participants would be given Diabeto hardware device + instructions on downloading the accompanying Diabeto iOS application. This initial interaction would be video recorded in person or via Skype.
2. The study would be then carried out over 4 weeks recording use of Diabeto with a phone diary with periodic weekly telephonic follow ups.
3. The study would be concluded with a post interview.
4. The location for both interviews will be at coffee shops of the participants choice or via Skype and would take no longer than 45 minutes.
As compensation, the Diabeto hardware would be rewarded for free plus upto £20 would be given based on participation.
* Glucose Meters Supported by Diabeto:
- Bayer Breeze 2
- Caresense N
- Caresense N Pop
- Contour TM
- Contour TS
- Contour Next EZ
- Glucocard Vital
- Glucocard 01
- One touch Ultra 2
- One touch Ultra Easy
- Reli-On Confirm
- Reli-On Prime
- Freestyle Lite
Please note: This study is independent of the recent alpha testing phase which is launched by Diabeto and only applicable to persons living with Type 1 Diabetes in UK.